AUDIOQUEST – DRAGONFLY BLACK – USB DAC + PREAMP + HEADPHONE AMP
$220.00 Inc. GST
DRAGONFLY BLACK BY AUDIOQUESTImmerse yourself in a meticulously crafted sonic universe with the DragonFly Black by AudioQuest – an award-winning USB DAC, Preamp, and Headphone Amp, that serves as your uncompromising gateway to dynamic, visceral and emotive musical experiences. Heralded as “the quintessential everyman hi-fi product” by Darko.Audio, the DragonFly Black takes a leap forward from the original DragonFly which innovated a new realm of portable DACs, but was limited to compatibility with computers. Beneath its sleek finish, the DragonFly Black, alongside DragonFly Red and Cobalt, combines precision with versatility, answering the call of audiophiles by ensuring compatibility with Apple iOS mobile devices, Android smartphones and tablets – thus proving that convenience and top-notch performance do not have to be mutually exclusive. Enrich your life with the revitalizing purity of Tidal Masters (MQA) playback, which can now follow you wherever you go, thanks to the support extended by DragonFly Black, Red, and Cobalt. Experience the breakthrough technology of MQA, which compresses high-resolution files into smaller, streamable files without compromising on the quality. As MQA Renderers, these DragonFlys unlock the full potential of the music, allowing you to savor an expansive range of high-res music. Further, these stalwarts extend full support to Qobuz’s vast catalog of premium hi-res music, giving you a limitless playlist from an array of genres. With a captivating sound that calls out to your soul, the AudioQuest DragonFly USB DAC fills your world with an aural delight that turns every note into a narration. This is not just about music – it’s about the exploration and consummate enjoyment of the finest that the sound spectrum has to offer. Embrace the audio journey and romance the nuances of music and movies that have never sounded so vivacious and life-like. Whether YouTube or Vimeo, Spotify or Pandora, Tidal or Qobuz, no matter what your source, DragonFly serves you the most divine and nuanced sound experience. Look no further, the captivating, comprehensive and truly versatile audio brilliance is right at your fingertips with DragonFly!
- Universal Compatibility: The DragonFly Black USB DAC + Preamp + Headphone Amp is compatible with both Apple and Windows PCs, extending its functionality to iOS devices, Android mobile devices and tablets offering unparalleled convenience.
- Supports All Music Files: Regardless of your music file type or format, from MP3s to high-resolution MQA files, DragonFly Black promises an unfailing playback.
- MQA Rendering: The product functions as an excellent MQA Renderer, folding high-resolution files into smaller, streamable packages without any loss in quality. This is how the DragonFly Black, and its siblings Red and Cobalt, unlock and offer the full audio potential of your music.
- Directly Drives Headphones: Partners effortlessly with your headphones to grant a sound environment that is nothing less than enlightening.
- Increased Processing Speed: The DragonFly Black operates on a Microchip PIC32MX which boosts processing speed and reduces current draw, making your audio experience smoother and more energy-efficient.
- Fixed Output Feeds: Easily connects to your preamp or AV receiver with its fixed output feeds, allowing a seamless integration with your existing audio setup.
- Asynchronous Transfers: Ensures precise digital timing fidelity thereby promising an immersive sound experience.
- Unsurpassed Audio Quality: The featured DAC Chip, a 32-bit ESS 9010, with a minimum-phase fast roll-off filter, delivers sound so authentic that it could easily be taken as a live listening experience.
- Hi-Res Music Streaming: The DragonFly Black extends full support to Tidal Masters (MQA) and Qobuz, offering high-resolution audio streaming. Enjoy over 2 million hi-res files and more than 40 million tracks in lossless 16-bit CD resolution from Qobuz’s vast music catalog.
- Unrestricted Music Appreciation: Whether enjoying videos on YouTube and Vimeo, exploring playlists on Spotify and Pandora, or streaming high-res audio from Tidal or Qobuz, DragonFly Black consistently bestows excellent sound quality, adding depth to your musical ecstasy.
- Intricate Volume Control: With the DragonFly Black, you can minutely control the volume with 64-position, 64-bit, bit-perfect volume controls.
- Compact Design & Mobility: The dimensions of this tiny sound giant are only 12mm H x 19mm W x 62mm L (Black, Red); 12mm H x 19mm W by 57mm L (Cobalt), affording superior sound experiences in a compact, easy-to-carry design – truly a masterful combination of form and function.
|Status/Sample rates supported (LED indicator colour code)
|Standby (Red), 44.1kHz (Green), 48kHz (Blue), 88.2kHz (Amber), 96kHz (Magenta), MQA (Purple)
|Analog Volume Control (Black); 64-position, 64-bit, bit-perfect (Red, Cobalt)
|1.2 (Black); 2.1 (Red, Cobalt)
|Texas Instruments TPA6130 (Black); ESS Sabre 9601 (Red, Cobalt)
|32-bit ESS 9010 with minimum-phase fast roll-off filter (Black); 32-bit ESS 9016 with minimum-phase fast roll-off filter (Red); ESS ES9038Q2M with minimum-phase slow roll-off filter for more natural sound (Cobalt)
|Microchip PIC32MX (Black, Red); Microchip PIC32MX274 reduces current draw and increases processing speed by 33% over DragonFlys Black and Red (Cobalt)
|12mm H x 19mm W x 62mm L (Black, Red); 12mm H x 19mm W by 57mm L (Cobalt)
|Apple and Windows PCs, iOS and Android devices
|MQA Rendering, Direct headphone drive, feeds preamp or AV receiver, and asynchronous transfer
|Supports Tidal Masters (MQA) playback and Qobuz high-res playback
|Inspiring, dynamic, and beautiful sound delivery to earbuds, headphones, powered speakers, or complete audio systems